energy efficiency in building envelopes
The CasaClima Agency in Bolzano, Italy, is a leader in Italy for energy efficiency certification and quality in construction. Buildings that obtain this certification are guaranteed to see energy savings through high quality building envelope construction details. Through satisfying the requirements for various classes in performance, environmental quality is achieved with a focus on savings in overall energy consumption.
some of our articles about CasaClima:
- Students from Boston Architectural College visit to discuss sustainability in Reggio Emilia (8/7/2013) - Last Thursday we had the pleasure of hosting a group of students from Boston Architectural College for a day of site visits and discussions about the ways in which modern and sustainable construction techniques are making their way into the traditional setting of rural Italy.
- Emu Architects at Casa e Tavola 2012 (‘Home and Table’ expo) in Reggio Emilia (10/5/2012) - After the success of our collaborative stand with Octopus Lab Project at the ‘Salone del Mobile’ (furniture expo) in Parma last winter, we decided to repeat the experience at the 2012 edition of Casa&Tavola (Home&Table) expo in Reggio Emilia. From October 6th to 14th, we will be presenting several solutions for ecological home design and […]
- Klimahouse 2011 | CasaClima Wine to Certify Sustainable Wineries (1/28/2011) - Although it was officially announced back in December, this is the first time we've gotten to see published material on this very exciting development for Italy. CasaClima is now offering a program to certify sustainable wineries or cellars that exhibit attention to building envelope efficiency, the use of environmental materials, attention to renewable energy sources, sensitivity to local authorities, and a focus on water management. Scroll down the CasaClima website to view the original announcement in Italian.
- Casa Clima Class A Certification and LEED Gold Project “Castra Maiora” in Casalmaggiore (1/19/2011) - Since 2008, we have been part of the technical staff for Castra Maiora, a residential building project in Casalmaggiore (CR) The innovative concept is to combine together for the first time in Italy an energy Class A certification from CasaClima with a LEED Gold environmental certification from Green Building Council Italia.
- Passive House Conference 2011 (1/14/2011) - With certifications like LEED and Casa Clima becoming more mainstream, the green movement is constantly looking for something to push the envelope. The Passive House movement is one that is quickly gaining recognition in the green building industry as the highest achievement possible for a design. Unfortunately, the prohibitively high price tag on the entry fee for the conference calls attention to the lucrative business of certifications and the difficulties small businesses face in joining such movements.
- LEED, Itaca, Casa Clima Conference by Agape (9/25/2010) - We recently took part in the LEED, CASACLIMA, ITACA conference, organized by Aghape last Thursday, September 16th in Castel San Pietro Terme (Bologna). Entry ticket: € 30,00 + VAT per person. It seems as though this would have been an event not to miss. The organizer sold it as a "workshop and round table" featuring all major companies that certify sustainable architectural design in Italy today. It was going to be the first event of this kind ever organized in our country, bringing together all the institutions that want to guarantee quality in design and construction. It would have been a chance to finally send a well-defined message to the building industry and to the market, now that everything seems to be flooded with green wash. This event could have given a steady signal where the central national government is totally missing.